Carter is getting to be way to smart and I can't keep up with him! He constantly takes off his diaper (maybe I should just start to potty train him), the other morning at 3 a.m. he decided it would be funny to bring me his diaper, he stuck it in my face and woke me up. Luckily it was just wet. So, I woke up to a naked boy, he had undressed himself and everything. He is starting to say more and more words, some of the new ones are, Eww, bye bye, night, shoe, O (when he is surprised by something), Nate (he said it when my friend Tiff and her cutie Nate were here last night). Now for this morning, Carter now sleeps in his toddler bed that our sweet friend Janae' let us borrow (thanks Janae') and he LOVES it! After he falls asleep every night I open his door a little so he can come out if he needs me or when he wakes up in the mornings.. He usually wakes up around 6 a.m. and this morning I woke up at 7 and didn't hear him, so I thought maybe he had come in here but I didn't wake up, and he was probably playing and destroying my house. So, I jumped out of bed to see where he was. He had climbed into his crib, now his crib is HUGE and he is tiny! I have no idea how he did this all by himself. He was just sitting in it looking at some books. I wish I would have gotten a picture. I am pretty nervous now to let him share his room with the new baby.
Yesterday I had to go to Wal-Mart to get some new tires on our car, and after dropping it off we had to walk through the store to get a cart. On our way to get the cart there was a ball on the ground, Carter let go of my hand, ran to it saying, "Ball, Ball" he picked it up and proudly carried it around. I ended up having to buy it because every time I would try to put it back he would get REALLY mad, I know I shouldn't have given in but we were there for 3 hours waiting and I just couldn't take the screaming! When the cashier was ringing it up he go really mad at her for taking it from him. He amazes me at how clever and smart he really is. He also knows how to put his own shoes on. Another thing he does is whenever someone pulls into our driveway he runs to the window in excitement saying, "Da Da" when it isn't our car, he cries.. Jake has been gone for a long time but he still knows his Dad and our car.. Well, I will stop bragging about my little guy for now.. ;)
Friday, June 13, 2008
He is soooo clever!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I LOVE your family picture...so cute. You look really good. How are you feeling? I'm new to this blogging world, so how do I add you?
Hey, I love your family picture, it's so cute. You look really good. How are you feeling? How's your baby girl? Any names picked out yet? Anyway, I'm new to this whole bloggin thing so how to I add you to my blog?
What a cute story! Its crazy how quickly they learn! Kiddies just grow up too fast:(
His 18 month pictures turned out sooo cute!
Hey thanks so much. I think I got it worked out...lol. I bet you're getting anxious to have your baby huh? I remember those last few months were not fun...good luck!
I have to agree- it was really cute when Carter said "Nate!" What cute friends they are! :)
He sound just like my little girl, when she wants something she lets out the scream to send everyone looking my way so that I give in and buy it. I know how you feel on the potty training thing too. Allison spends most of her day naked because each time her diaper gets wet she undresses but I can't get her to put it in the toilet. He might be ready but he is still young and the new baby being born could change things so unless you are ready to devote a lot of time to training him you might just have a naked son like me. I wish I could hire someone to take care of potty training it is not fun. It will all be over in another year and then you can start again with your new little girl.
Sounds like you have a cute little guy! Boys are so fun! And just FYI, there will be no pictures posted of me pregnant...don't really want to remember what I look like right now! Hehe!
Yeah, I'm learning they weren't so hard as newborns after all! At least they're so dang cute. That makes up for a lot! Lol
Post a Comment