Thursday, May 8, 2008

Colorado Trip

Carter and I got home late last night from our trip, we had a good time with my sister's family, my Mom also flew down from Idaho. Carter picked up so many new things and loved getting to know his cousins, Treven (2 1/2) and London (8). He now says a few more words that his cousins taught him. He says, Mamae (Grandma), no way, here go, and yeah. He also now folds his arms when we say prayers, I noticed it at lunch today, Jake came home and we sat down to eat and said our prayer on the food, when we finished I looked over at Carter and he was folding his arms. I am so proud!

He is such a tease also, he would steal Treven's toys and sippy and whatever else he could and run off with it while Treven chased him crying. Once Treven would catch up to him he would drop whatever he had and turn around and smile. He has such a funny little personality! He loved his cousin London, in some of the pictures I posted he was playing with her belly button, he has such a fascination with belly buttons, it cracks me up.

He has been so happy to be home with his Dad, this morning he got up and ran all around the house trying to find him, he was even knocking on doors, and when he couldn't find him he got sad.

It was a nice trip, I am however happy to finally be home, I am just so tired and very pregnant that it was so hard to travel with an 18 month old.. The trip there wasn't so bad but when we came home yesterday it was awful! I had been sick all morning and then Carter was so out of control at the airport and on the plane, I could not calm him down at one point, he was just so overtired.. By the time we got to our car in the airport parking lot I was exhausted and so ready to get on the road to get home (we had a 3 hour drive ahead of us and it was already 6 p.m.) I had carried all our luggage, Carter, and the car seat all the way from the bus stop by myself and then couldn't even get the car door to open, once I finally did I couldn't get the car to start, I just broke down, there was no one in sight to help me.. I had to walk all the way down to the bus stop again and call the service station, the woman on the phone said, "It costs $100 cash for us to come jump start your car" I didn't have that kind of cash on me so I was really starting to panic at that point.. The bus finally came around again and I stopped him and let him know what was going on, he asked me if I called the service station, I said yes but that I don't have that much cash to pay them, he said, "It's free" so I called again and the woman this time said, "It is $150 cash for us to jump start your car" I got her name and said, "I think you are lying I just called and you said it was $100 and the bus driver told me it was free, what are you trying to do, pull a fast one on me?" I finally found someone to help me get my car started, for free. So I will say again, I am so happy to be home!! Today I reported the lady and let them know what she put me through, they said they would take care of it but who knows..

2 comments:

Nashelle said...

Ugh...you're a trooper, Jaime. I don't think I could do it...what a day! I'm so glad that everything got taken care of and that you guys are home after a fun break! That whole situation with the service station is RIDICULOUS!! I can't believe how dishonest people are sometimes!!

Aundrea said...

What a nightmare!! Traveling with children is hard enough, let alone all the troubles you had. Glad it turned out okay and you two were able to make it home safely. Looks like you guys had a great time in Colorado!