Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Great Shoe Escape!

So yesterday was a crazy busy day, I had a ton of errands to run and several appointments to go to, on top of that I had two kids to take with me, and one of them is out of control busy and thinks it is funny to run away from Mom anytime he is let out of the car! So I had to take the double stroller with me everywhere and it is a bit time consuming to put together.

After going to the Eye Doctor I had a few minutes to go to the post office to mail a package, now a little fact about me, I HATE the post office, the lines, the service, etc... It is especially hard with 2 kids in a big stroller. We get to the post office, set up the stroller, put the kiddos in it and wait in line to mail my package. Once I'm finished paying for it I turn to leave and see that a really nice guy is trying to help Carter put his shoes back on, he had taken them off and threw them on the floor. Once we get the shoes back on we get packed back in the car and head off to the next appointment, on the way to this next appointment Carter and Whitney both start to scream, so for some sanity I rolled down Carter's window (he loves to have the wind in his face)I get to the appointment, park the car, and get the stroller ready, then I go get Carter and once again he has taken his shoes off, only this time one of them is NO WHERE to be found! I looked everywhere I possibly could look in a car, finally after about 2 minutes I realized that he threw it out the window! I don't know where or when but he did, the stinker!! Now these aren't just any shoes either, these are Carter's favorite shoes, in the mornings he comes out of his room wearing them, sometimes with nothing else on.. So that is my LONG story about the great shoe escape...

**On another note, (this has nothing to do with Carter's shoe) Whitney now weighs 9 lbs. 11 oz. And she turned 6 weeks yesterday. Time goes by so fast!!**

3 comments:

Jon and Nicole Palmer said...

AHHH!! I'm laughing right now!! It's always so much funnier when it's someone elses kid! Those are the days when you can't wait til it's time for bed! Whitney is so dang cute! She definitely has your your big, brown eyes...LUCKY! I got my shirt from the reunion at AE. We have horrible shopping in Logan, so it's hard to find cute clothes!! When do you find out where you're going for rotations? I would love it if you came here! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Tiffany said...

Oh No! I saw that coming and I was hoping I was wrong!

The Posse said...

Love the new background! Very cute.

That is so Carter! What a little stinker! I miss you guys...