Friday, August 22, 2008

The Straubs









A little background about these lovely people... When I was 17 I was having a very difficult time in life, I won't go into every detail but will say I was troubled and in need of some help and guidance in life. One day my Mom mentioned to me that she thought it would be a good idea to go live with my Aunt Cheryll in Florida. I of course was very opposed to the idea at first due to the fact that I was so troubled and did not want to leave my lifestyle and friends.. But, long, long story short about a year after that conversation I ended up in Sarasota, FL where I would finish out my senior year and get the help and guidance I SO needed!

Kurt and Cheryll Straub and their two wonderful children, Lena(5 at the time) and Brandon(3 at the time)took me in. They knew doing so would be a huge sacrifice on their part, taking in a troubled teen is very scary! But, they did it and were so loving and kind and gave me the guidance I needed in life. Because of them I changed my life, I started attending church, I went to college and got a degree, I got married to a wonderful man, and started a family. I learned the true meaning of life! They were such an example of love, compassion, sacrifice, and commitment to me and there are not words to describe how much I appreciate and love them for what they did for me at that difficult time in my life.

They were here in the area a few weeks ago (minus Lena), we got to meet them in Quincy, IL (about 2 hours away from us)and spend a little time with them. We ate at a fabulous restaurant called Tiramisu, went shopping, and then went to the park to a little Farmer's Market. It was so great to see them, I have missed them so much and wish so badly that we lived closer! Here are a few pictures from our trip.

4 comments:

Shell B said...

Jaime- I love your blog. your baby is so cute. I have been wanting to talk to you but my phone broke and I lost all my phone numbers so please call me or email me your number girl
love ya Michelle (Bishop)

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

That is so sweet. How amazing that it changed your life like that!
Whitney's pictures are beautiful!!

Kathryn Palmer said...

I am so glad you were able to spend time with the Straubs. They must mean a lot to you.

Jon and Nicole Palmer said...

I'm so glad that you were able to see them. I remember how much you loved the time you spent living with them. Your little Whitney is starting to look like her mommy!! What a lucky little girl.