Monday, September 15, 2008

Warning.. A depressing post..

I try never to post something negative on my blog but right now I just need to get this out!! Life can be so hard sometimes and right now it is one of those really bad times for us. We still have yet to see our disbursement for this year so we have no money... The school is taking their time even though we were supposed to get it a few weeks ago, they are also giving all the students less than last year and last year was difficult, plus this year is going to be a lot tighter since we have to move in the spring, gas prices are higher, and food costs are higher, we really needed to get the same amount or more, not less! The only comfort here is that we are not going through this completely alone so many of our friends can sympathize with us.

Jake and I still have not been able to sell our townhouse in Arizona, the market is just to bad and it has been okay for the last few months because we were fortunate to find some decent renters, or so we thought. People really do fool you sometimes! Unfortunately these renters have decided to brake their contract 4 months early because they do not like the neighbors. The neighbors are actually great, it was them who were awful! They played there music loud, threw dirty diapers in the gazebo, were constantly late with their rent, trashed our place, and the list goes on.. Under Arizona state law if you brake your contract early you still have to pay the rest of it. Well being the nice people that we are we were trying to give them a little break and only charge them half of what they owed us. But they are refusing to even do that, they won't answer our calls or call us back, they won't give us back our mail key, and a neighbor caught them in our place 2 days ago. Apparently they moved 2 weeks ago and gave our manager back the keys, or so we thought.. So, now we are having to change the locks on the door and mailbox, another expense we really didn't need! We are trying to track them down so we can take them to court but who knows if that will do us any good... I wish we could just sell the place and be done with it. Even if we could just find some good renters that would be fine, but that is hard to do these days...

I am so sad right now, and worried about my little family.. I know this will pass, it is a trial we are going through and it could always be worse. Medical school is so hard! Thanks for listening.

8 comments:

Scott and Athena said...

J-me, your little Whitney is such a doll. I read your comments and can sympathize with you. Just remember that your family makes you happy and being a mom is the best in the world. I know it's hard not to have money especially if you think your kids are missing out. It makes you feel really sad. Your Heavenly Father knows your concerns and will bless your family. I know that. I really miss you and wish we could have lived closer to you. You're a great mom, hang in there!!
love ya-
Athena

Scott and Athena said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Scott and Athena said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Posse said...

Hey hon, I'ma call you tomorrow. I totally forgot to the other day. We haven't gotten ours yet, either. We're supposed to get it tomorrow, so we'll see. But ugh, what a run around!

DeGooyer Family said...

Jamie - what a cute blog! I'm so sorry about the situation with the school, and also the situation with your house in Arizona. Hopefully things will work out. You're in my thoughts!

Lilah said...

I'm so sorry to hear about all the stress you're under. I know things will get better for you. We'll keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers, of course. Whitney is so beautiful, and those are really great pictures! Hang in there, and let us know if there's anything we can do to help with the townhouse out here.

Brooke said...

Sorry to hear about all of this I hope things get better really soon!
The pictures of your little girl are soooooo cute!

Laura said...

I hope something works out with the townhouse in AZ! Just remember the bad-ish times makes the beauty of life all the more amazing when you finally reach the calm in the storm. Jonathan and I can totally empathize with the rising gas costs and insane groceries. If you need to borrow some peanut butter, you know where to find me! =)