Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The sleepless wonder part 2...



I found Carter sleeping in his closet the other day, and he has recently learned to open the door to his room, even with the plastic cover over the doorknob.. So, nap time and bedtime have been a huge challenge around here the last 2 weeks!! He sneaks out of his room in the middle of the night, and I will find him in strange places in the house, like the other night he was sleeping under the kitchen table. A few nights ago Jake and I put him to bed and didn't hear him get out of his room, we looked for him everywhere and finally found him asleep in Whitney's bassinet, how he got in there without it falling over beats me! Finally we just couldn't take it anymore, none of us have gotten much sleep, so Jake got a new doorknob with a lock and now we have to lock him in his room at nap time and bedtime.. The night he put it on, we locked him in and stood at the door listening to him try to get out, he tried for about two minutes and then goes, "Ot-oh".. (I don't know how to spell that, sorry, hopefully you know what it says!) It's been nice to finally sleep through the night without having to search for him!

3 comments:

Claire said...

thats funny! I thought I was the only mean mom who put those plastic thingys on the inside of the kid's door! He has learned to stay in the room now, so we dont use it anymore, but i felt bad doing it. i'm sure supernanny would not approve. oh well ti worked.

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

Wow, that's crazy! Kind of nerve-wracking, I bet, to find him in weird places!
Sorry about the money stresses. It's so scary. It will pass, but we'll keep you in our prayers!

Jon and Nicole Palmer said...

Hey cute girl! I just got caught up on all your recent posts. Your blessing day looked like it was so much fun! It's so great that you had so much support from your families. Sorry about the stress of no sleep and no loan $$!! Being a student family is such a challenge...but it will all be worth it someday!