My friend Dionne wanted to know a few details about how we came up with the name Whitney, and how Carter is doing with his sister, so here you go Dionne..
For me I have always loved the name Whitney! When I was a little girl I used to pretend it was my name. When Jake and I found out we were pregnant with Carter we were going to use it if it was a girl. Luckily, Jake wasn't opposed to the name when I told him I wanted to use it for our first girl. We don't agree on very many names, but I would have fought to use Whitney no matter what, that is how much I love the name, and that is how we came up with it. Oh, and we used Lynne as her middle name because it is mine too.
As for Carter reacting to her, he is sooo cute with her! He kisses her and softly pats her head and body. He tries to help me change her diaper and feed her. This morning he came out of his room and ran in our room saying "baby, baby" and then proceeded to try to climb into her bassinet. Whenever I put her down to sleep he gets mad at me and throws a fit because I have to drag him from our room and close the door. When she would cry throughout the night when she was hungry, he would wake up and go to his door and knock.. I didn't let him out because it was 2, then 4 in the morning. Something really funny that he has tried to do, and I can't believe I am sharing this but it is funny!! I was nursing her and was burping her and turned away for a second, and he tried to nurse.
I really think he likes his sister and I really hope he continues to. I will keep you all updated on things he does. I have a video from the hospital of him kissing and holding her but, I don't know how to post videos still, so maybe when I learn I will share it. ;)
Saturday, July 12, 2008
A few details..
Posted by Jaime at 12:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Hey Jaime and Jake, Whitney is adorable. We hope that you are having lots of fun with her. Girls are a lot of fun and it always fun to watch your kids with there new little siblings. I like the cute pink outfit from her picture.
Take care
I'm glad he's taking to Whitney so well. I was worried about Kira's reaction to a permanent baby to share me with since she didn't like it when I held other people's children. But she loves her sister and has never shown any negativity towards her (yet). It's great how these little guys know that these aren't just any babies, they're their babies!
Congratulations Jaime! She looks darling - almost makes me want another. Well, not quite yet anyway. I love Whitney. It is a family name, so I will be using it too if/when I have a girl, but prob. for a middle name. I hope you are feeling well and adjusting!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is adorable!! Just like her mommy:) I hope you are recovering well, and getting a little rest in between everything! So glad everything went well and that you are home. I can't wait 'til I get to meet your two DARLING kids. Hopefully someday soon.
Ahhh! Carter sounds so adorable with her!!! Her name is so pretty and how convient that Jake liked it too:) I wish we all lived closer - I'm missing our game nights and I would love to see those beautiful kids of yours!
She is so precious! What a cute little family, and you look great! Good job Jaime!
That's so cute! What a good big brother! :) I still need to see your new little angel. I'll have to make it point to drop by this week.
Hi Jaimi-
You are so BEAUTIFUL. It's so great to read up on your little family. Congratulations on your new arrival. Whitney AND Carter are both such cute names.
I found you on Lindsay's blog after she found mine. I love blogging for that very reason!
Hope you are doing well!
Becky
Post a Comment