Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Grandpa Delray

My Grandpa Delray Holm from Roberts, ID came to visit us yesterday. He loves to travel and on Sunday told my Grandma that he was going to Nauvoo and left, he has been on the road since and will be for the next few days.. I would never be brave enough to travel all by myself so I have to hand it to him he does LOVE to drive. He told us some stories about some of the fun places he has seen on his trip, he served his mission in Iowa years ago when he had a wife and two kids so he got to see a lot of his sites from his mission. He was telling us about how he used to have to sleep on the grass for one of them and he would get bitten by Chiggers on the legs, yikes! For our visit we went to dinner at Ruby Tuesday's (the only restaurant in this town) and then we rented a movie that he recommended. I was only able to get one picture of him because my camera only works when it wants to.. I love my Grandpa!

2 comments:

Kathryn Palmer said...

That was so kind of him to make the trip to see you. Guess he loves you lots!

Kathryn Palmer said...

That was so kind of him to go such a long way to visit you. Guess he loves you lots!